Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Long Trips and Back Pain

Recently, I went on a long trip from San Diego to Las Vegas in a tiny little Prius c. Me and my friend opted to take his car because of the MPG and ease of parking. Well, I got to tell you that it was an experience that put me out of commission for about 4 days. Sitting in a chair that is low to the ground and your knees slightly bent or extended really stresses your back muscles. There were a few cars I had in the past that gave me problems and they were all little bitty cars like my old Saturn SL1 and Nissan Sentra, but when I upgraded to a larger vehicle such as a SUV where I can raise the seat to near chair height, my back pain was alleviated.

So for the long weekend, I stayed home, lying on my back taking 500 mg of motrin.

It's been a while, but that trip reminded me why I got a larger vehicle.  Avoiding what causes back pain is totally worth the extra money on paying for lower mpg.   


Click on the link to add this to your Amazon shopping cart if you need it.  I get a small referral fee that costs you nothing and helps me so I can keep blogging.  Thanks!

No comments: