Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Flight Back Home

Riding First Class back to the States

The military flight to Seattle was canceled... So we had them book us another flight since we already had a connecting flight from Seattle to Los Angeles to catch today. When we checked into Northwest Airlines, they told us that they were "overbooked" and that they couldn't accommodate us on that flight. To compensate us, they upgraded us to First Class and flew us straight to Los Angeles and gave us $1,500 in airplane vouchers. It worked out very well.

It was my first time flying first class. The food was very fine! I had a nice spring roll and shrimp cocktail appetizer, Kung Pao Chicken and cheese cake with chocolate topping for desert. The food was definitely First Class! The chair was really cool, it had a lumbar(back) message mechanism and it electronically flattened itself out into a comfortable bed! The entertainment options were first rate also. There were video games, video on-demand with remote control capability and a huge selection of music. The headphones were very comfortable, they block out the engine noise. The airline stewardess also pampered us. I'm not used to having my bags moved by someone else and all my trash disposed of without me asking. Usually they tell me to "stow your items under the seat in front of you". I had an unlimited supply of orange juice and Nayeli had plenty of fresh Hokkaido Japanese unpasteurized milk (the best milk there is). We were riding in luxury.

My Delta airline tickets from Seattle to LAX were nonrefundable since I didn't purchase flight insurance through Expedia.com. My fault.

Ramirez Residence Back in Fontana... at Nayeli's grandparent's house.

Cactus Fruit


Meeting with the Goats
Nayeli and Grandpa
Roosters are surprisingly hard to photograph. He kept running away.

No comments: