Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Navy College Nightmare

Mayonaise Pizza
Lazona Shopping Plaza

Me and Soco have decided to take a college class together. Having all the forms and having everything coordinated just right makes things a little tough. One of the greatest things about being in the Navy is that we get Tuition Assistance. There is a cap per fiscal year, but with our busy lives, it is almost impossible to fulfill the maximum. Well, it has been a while since I have taken a college class and it is kinda like a new experience. I have decided to enroll at the University of Maryland University College. That looks like something I can proudly hang on my wall after graduation. I have heard too many times that the University of Phoenix is for dumb people. Soco told me that on the news, someone actually tried to fail a course and they couldn't. They make it impossible. Any monkey can earn their degree through University of Phoenix. Funny. Anyways, the paperwork and getting the TA approved wasn't too hard, it was just waiting in lines to get your questions answered. I had to wait almost an hour and a half to be told that I had to reserve a class before getting Tuition Assistance. What a huge waste of time! They should make a list of things to do before coming to the Navy College Office so no one else makes the same mistake.

The Disney Store, Kawasaki, Japan

No comments: