Friday, September 21, 2018

My New Job

I have been working at Leica Microsystems for 4 months now and my life has changed!  I really love my job being a Senior Field Service Engineer.  Going from the medical industry to the research industry is very rewarding because I feel like the contributions I make in science is helping the future of humanity.  Everything I touch makes a difference in the development of new technologies from carbon fiber nanotubes to stem cell organ farms, the things I get to see and do is so incredibly fun!  It is really nice to get compensated appropriately for my brain and my skills rather than how accurate I can shoot or how many pushups I can do.

So when I did my job search, I didn't go for the highest paying job.  I went with location, culture and finally pay.  The guys I interviewed with were pretty awesome and were prior US Navy Petty Officer First Classes like me.   I knew if I were a Chief, I would've been doomed at the interview because everyone knows that to make CPO, you have to be backstabbing and semi-useless. 

I am at a very happy point in my life right now.  Now, I feel like I need to pay it forward.  :)

No comments: