Monday, December 25, 2017

Why it is Important to Read Everything No Matter the Topic

Sometimes, I come across articles on Yahoo that I truly don't care about.  I ran into one article that was about a journalist that was bashing another journalist, which quite frankly seemed like a huge waste of time.

But I got something out of it.

The article was full of words that I was unfamiliar with.  All of the sudden, the article became interesting to me and I took fascination with the difficult words that the journalist was using.  Now that I know how the words were used within a sentence, I wrote down the list of words I didn't know in a notebook.  The next thing I know, I was looking up words up on Google like "excoriation" and "decommodified".  I unknowingly increased my vocabulary by reading stupid articles that I normally wouldn't read.  There was this feeling of satisfaction that I have learned something on Christmas Day!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: