Monday, March 13, 2006

My Back Hurts

Another formation with me in it

It has been almost four days. My back still aches and it is still taking me 20 minutes to tie my left boot.

I have recently placed two morale calls to the states, one to my parents and another to my sister-in-law. Lives back home doesn't seem to change much. I just know that my life back in Japan will be totally different as I won't even know where I live.

I've been spending a lot of time in my rack because my mobility is quite limited. It is difficult for me to walk so I've been reading a lot. That Dan Brown book, "Angels and Demons" is starting to become boring. I have absolutely no interest in the Vatican city. So my reading is becoming very dull and I don't really care if it vanishes due to an anti-matter bomb. His other book, "Deception Point" was extremely thought provoking unlike this book. I guess you have to be Catholic to appreciate the relic fantasy of it all.

I've been writing a fictional book which relates to my experiences here. It isn't packed with suspense and mystery, but it will be funny. I haven't heard of any books about Operational Iraqi Freedom being humorous, so here it is. I don't want to reveal what it is about, but it is about 10% complete and I may be able to get a motion picture deal. Of course, keeping Operational Security in mind.

No comments: