Saturday, August 08, 2009

The Best Toddler Playgrounds in D.C.

For the past month, I've been on a quest to locate the very best inexpensive things to do for Nayeli and Victoria. Since malls seem to suck our wallets dry, playgrounds really fit to our budget.

Best Outdoor Playground:

Hands down. CLEMYJONTRI
19 Acres of Pure Free Fun for kids. The playground is located in McLean, Virginia.

View from Helicopter

There is a giant maze there. I like to run in there and have Nayeli and Victoria chase after me. Of course, I get seperated from them and they start crying because they can see me, but they can't get to me. Hehehe.

I also like the millions of different slides and confidence courses. Lots of climbing, bouncing, running and thinking to do around here. This park was designed for kids with physical disabilities so it is extra spacious and very safe. Just don't let your kids run around without supervision, because they WILL lose you.

View from Outer Space


Best Indoor Park:

PlayWiseKids Located in Columbia, Maryland.



PlayWiseKids offers 25,000 square feet of of playtime and learning opportunities for toddlers through 10-year-olds. The open facility is divided into walled-off areas with different types of activities... a large sand pit (beach), a real Fire Truck, puppet show theater, dress-up area with dance floor, supermarket, castle with a pool of plastic balls, classroom, building zones, baby play area and outer space, among other things.

Nayeli and Victoria loved this place and would stay forever if they could. This place also has a Cafe which sell pizza, snacks and ice cream.

The cost is $9.95 per child (ages 24 mos. - 10 years), $6.95 per toddler (12 mos. - 23 mos.) and $4 per adult. Not really that expensive compared to going to a theme park, such as Six Flags, where toddlers wouldn't be able to play on 75% of the rides anyways.

Good to come when the weather is really bad, it is about 35 minutes from where I live. We visited during a changeover in management. The new owners asked me if I would make any changes or what they can do to make the place even better... after being there after an hour, I shrugged my shoulders because I didn't really have any suggestions because I haven't explored everything yet. I just had difficulty finding a parking spot in the front because I didn't know that there was ample parking behind the building.

No comments: