Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend in D.C.

Last weekend proved to be an exciting and scary weekend. We decided to do a driving tour of D.C. with our electronic navigator. Washington, D.C. roads are VERY CONFUSING! If you are not from here, then you should get a navigator. I punched in, "California Pizza Kitchen" into our navigator and it gave me six results. The one I selected took us through the Capitol and landed us next to the Pentagon. Being next to the Pentagon was quite an experience. It is hard to imagine a plane crashing into it. The building really isn't as big as it is portrayed to be in photos and television.

I'm still culture shocked from being in Japan for so long. I keep sticking my hands under the public sinks expecting it to automatically wash my hands. I keep expecting that the hand dryer will actually dry my hands in 5 seconds. I keep expecting that there will be a 7-11 nearby so I can buy a gourmet freshly prepared meal ready-to-eat on the cheap. The vending machines here suck. I must drive to get anywhere. I'm craving Coco's Curry, genuine sushi, Ramen shops, Udon and Tonkatsu-wako. I miss Japan.

No comments: