Friday, October 19, 2007

We made it!

Exion riding in the backseat with Nayeli

This is Nayeli's first roadtrip in the United States. We started in Little Rock, Arkansas and will end our trip at Bethesda, Maryland. I was kinda shocked at how much stuff I can fit in my little Nissan Sentra. I had to be creative and play Tetris with the inside of my car's trunk space and seating space. I wanted to have as much room as possible in the backseat for Nayeli and one adult. So yes, I had to be creative. Passenger seat was filled, the trunk, the spare tire bin underneath the trunk and one seat in the back was completely filled. I prayed that all the extra weight wouldn't take a huge toll on my poor car. Well, it didn't. Thank goodness, Nayeli's bathtub was an inflatable duck.

Soco driving through Virginia
Nayeli at National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland
Aristocat Baby

We decided to have Nayeli try out a cat costume at the Disney Store in Roanoke, Virginia. It was too funny.



Building 3200
We are the first ones to live in this neighborhood.

Now, compared to our living situation in Japan, this place is almost double what we had in Japan. 1,700 square foot! High ceilings, utilities paid for, close to work, the works. Our apartment search was finally OVER!

Soco's Hybrid. It gets 34 miles per gallon which is kinda like a car. Not great, but good for a SUV.
Our Cars. Believe it or not, Soco's SUV uses less gas than my car. Mine gets 22-27 mpg. Go figure.

No comments: