Sunday, April 29, 2007

Worse Case Scenario Possible... Well Pretty Close.

The flight from Japan to the east coast was very tiresome I must say. I'm completely exhausted. It is 0700 in the morning and it is approaching my bedtime. The airport lost my luggage and I have no clean clothes or underwear. I stink. I had to quickly adjust to driving on the 'right' side of the road again at 10 o'clock at night, in unfamiliar territory without a road map. I printed out a map from Google, but that didn't help me any because it was so dark! I couldn't use it as reference while I drove. The traffic signs in the states, for the first time, seemed totally unfamiliar. I got honked at for a few traffic violations and a semi-truck almost plowed me over for doing exactly the speed limit. 55MPH on a 55MPH highway. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to find the hotel when it is estimated to take 20 minutes. My east and west was confused. Nobody around here knows where Telford, PA is! Eventually, I found the Pennsylvania Turnpike that I was supposed to get on. The toll was a whole lot cheaper than I had expected. Only 75 cents. I didn't notice until later on that night that the toll booth guy only gave me a nickel in change after handing him a dollar. That PUNK! I think he did that on purpose. Dazed and confused, I'm afraid to leave my hotel.

No comments: